In the newest NAR Commercial Intelligence Briefing podcast, attorney Jim Hochman discusses the anatomy of a lease, avoiding litigation and more. As a partner at Coman & Anderson, Mr. Hochman represents many commercial real estate brokerage firms, receivers, landlords, tenants, and real estate investors by assisting in commercial and residential real estate transactions. He is also a member of the NAR Commercial Signature Series Speaker Bureau.
- Covered in the podcast:
- The anatomy of the exclusive listing agreement
- Considerations of using agreements written for one state in another state
- Things brokers should watch for — are you dealing with the property owner of record, or do you just think you are?
- Anatomy of a purchase and sell agreement
- Tips for brokers on how best to work with and seek lawyers
- What mistakes lead to litigation again and again
- Common misrepresentations
- Broker lien rights
- License portability and doing interstate business
- Broker negotiation tips
- And more!
Listen to Jim’s wisdom at the NAR Commercial Intelligence Briefing podcast.