It’s All About.me
It was likely an accident but I may have learned a thing or two on my most recent trip to Las Vegas. Strolling along from the roulette table to the virtual roulette table, then the ATM, I stumbled upon the 2013 Prudential HIT PLAY Convention being held at Caesar’s Palace. Realizing this is why NAR sent me here it was time to get to work and maybe attend a session or two.
Fidgeting through the program I noticed Terry Watson was holding his session called: Avoiding Road kill – Top 10 Stupid Things That Really Smart REALTORS® Do To Mess Up Their Lives™. An active speaker on the NAR circuit, Terry is also an instructor for many NAR courses so I made a point to check it out.
A few subjects came up which should not be overlooked by our members, so I decided to share them below.
As a REALTOR® you need to:
1) Look at yourself as a BRAND- License your name. Yup, license then protect it. REALTORS® need to realize that their name is a brand. Protect the brand – look up every single photo of yourself on Facebook, including those in which you have been “tagged”. Look into getting reputation management and start a Yelp account in your name before someone else does.
2) Get some Klout – Many of you may know about Klout, but did you know they have recently partnered with Bing and will now show your Klout score next to your name? Klout has been touted as an online credit report on how much influence you have in the social media world. As unfair as this may seem to some there are fairly easy ways to raise your score. Getting interactions on twitter and Facebook and posting things that will get forwarded are two of the tips offered to raise your score. Think grumpy cat.
3) Take care of yourself- Are you sick, stressed or tired? No, I am not selling you on a cure all pill or the latest in exercise equipment with assembly required, but I did want to share some of Terry’s suggestions- look at what you take in and do not allowing food sensitivities to control how you feel day to day. If affected, look into the food sensitivity test Alcat, watch documentaries on food production such as fork over knives, and read books such as Wheat Belly.
4) Create an About.me account – What is About.me? About.me provides free personalized pages on the web where you link all of your social media and contact information in one clean platform- an online business card. Terry seems to have found out about this site the same way I did –from Nobu Hata, NAR’s Director of Digital Engagement, and checking out his page here.
If you want to learn more about Terry Watson’s programs check out his website at www.terrywatson.com .
- Bing adds Klout; Klout adds Bing
- About.me Deepens Facebook Integration
- Stress-Free Weight Loss Experiment: ALCAT testing
- 5 Food Documentaries You Should Probably See
02. April 2013 by Jorge Rivera
Categories: Blogging, Broker, Careers, Education, Marketing, Research, Social Media, Training | Tags: Bing, Business, Facebook, Klout, realtor, social media, twitter, Yelp | 6 comments